The time has arrived! TowsonGlobal’s Business Plan Competition is back for a second year. The inaugural competition brought entries from a diverse group of entrepreneurs with interesting business concepts. All had the same goal in mind—success. And this second annual event promises to be even more inspiring, helping stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship across the region.
While the basic format of the competition remains the same, a few changes have been made to help better prepare entrants and to make the competition more interactive. For this second competition, interested participants are invited to attend free workshops which focus on the basics of a business plan, including:
- writing an effective executive summary,
- conducting useful market analysis,
- and developing realistic financial projections.
The five chosen finalists will attend a required boot camp to help prepare for their final presentations. Also, this time, presentations will be made both in private and at a public forum. After which, the winner will be announced at a networking reception.
- October 19, 2011 — Business Plan + Executive Summary Workshop
- October 26, 2011 — Market Analysis Workshop
- November 10, 2011 — Financial Projections Workshop
- February 6, 2012 — Executive Summaries Due (3-5 pages)
- February 20, 2012 — Finalists (5) selected and notified to submit business plans
- February 27, 2012 — Presentation boot camp for finalists
- March 27, 2012 — Deadline for finalists’ submissions of business plans and PowerPoint presentations
- May 2, 2012—Finalists present in front of judges, winner selected
We hope that participants will get as much of the competition as the first group did. Lisa Drouillard of My Hopeful Journey, one of two 2011 winners, commented, “The business plan competition helped me to think of my business in a more tangible way and not just as a concept.” The other winner, Ben Walsh of Pure Bang Games, added that participation “strengthened our ties to other early stage startups, and most importantly, Towson University.”
TowsonGlobal is looking forward to seeing the exciting, innovative concepts that will be brought to the competition. For more details on the competition, visit TowsonGlobal’s Business Plan Competition page or email us at email@example.com .